View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Scuderia Ferrari Tifosi

SANguru is on a distinguished road
you should go drive a CTS-V. Magnetic ride control which derived from the vette is an awesome setup. The CTS-V is not just a straight line performance car. The Ferrari f430 and 599 are also using pretty much a very similar system as the vette for the shocks. The whole point here is BMW are not the only carmaker that makes great cars. It's good for all us as competition drives innovation. Blindly following a marque and bashing the marque as a whole is stupid and pure ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSETH View Post
I hear you, but bashing the current M5 for not having a ton of torque is silly seeing as it is based on the heritage of pretty much every M car before it, not only M5's, which typically means a quick accelerating car (not drag racer) with very balanced performance/handling characteristics and a high revving engine. Even going back to the original e30 M3, which came to life high in the revs. I had an e30 325e that was a fairly torquey car and for everyday driving there was a noticeable difference between that and the e30 M3.

I don't know what else to say. If you want a stop light drag racer, the CTS-V and MB's are probably better choices at the present time. We will see where BMW goes with the new TT M engines and the torque numbers that follow. Maybe that low torque, high revving heritage is a thing of the past. If so, there will be as many people upset with that as there are happy with it though.

Sponsored Links