View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 01:40 PM

CaptainCalf is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardonic View Post
Step 5: Disconnect the rubber fuel hose on the bottom of the valve SECOND; this one is pretty difficult to get to if you have big hands…not to mention my hose was on there as tight as it possibly could be. I maneuvered my left hand UNDERNEATH the valve and clamped down my grip where the hose meets the valve; make sure you keep your left hand locked in place. Next, I twisted the whole valve counterclockwise ALL WHILE pulling upwards on the valve at the same time. After enough revolutions and some force, the valve will finally dislodge.
Sardonic, I've had to replace the oil separator valve on my 2005 3.0L X3 and I inadvertently pulled this hose free from it's connection under the intake manifold.

I've searched and searched for the correct place to reconnect it but haven't found it yet cuz it's a blind search under the manifold. I was wondering if you know where it connects?

I found a diagram which seems to imply that it connects to the throttle body: RealOEM.com BMW E83 X3 3.0i FUEL TANK BREATHER VALVE

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick C.

Sponsored Links