View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 09:41 PM

jeep is on a distinguished road
Fixed the trim piece myself, without opening up the rear console or leaving any scratches/gashes.

- I put the back portion of the trim which goes inside the vent first. You have to be careful that the "V" in the back slides into the vertical slat in one of the vertical plastic air deflector blades.
- I then cut two small pieces of steel wire (similar type as used for hanging pictures/mirrors) and wrapped them around the back trim piece, under then over the horizontal air deflector blade.
- Now gently pulling on the wires I pressed the top trim piece in till it snapped and locked onto the rear piece. One has to be careful and pull on the wires only when pressing down the top piece so that minimal stress is put on the horizontal air deflector blade.

Phew, that saved a trip to the $ealer and potential scratches to the rear console.

2019 G30 530e
Sport | Adaptive | Drv. Assist+ | HK | HOV Access

2018 F83 M4
Comp. | Exec | DCT | First M Car

2009 E93 335i (Sold)
Sport | Prem | 19" 230 | Logic 7 | iPod/USB | Sat | HD Radio | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Pure Joy

E36 328is GoKart (Sold)
Manual | HK | Trip Comp. | 17" Rims

Sponsored Links