Thread: BT module dead?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 04:38 PM

r6girl is on a distinguished road
BT module dead?

Gah! I think my Bluetooth/voice command is dead. Got into my car today and my iPhone 3GS (which has worked flawlessly with X3 until now) would not pair with my X3. Also, I get no beep when I press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel, and I don't even get the "not available" message on the stereo display when I press the R/T button (nor my phone's address book, of course).

I turned my X3 on and off, re-booted my phone, deleted the pairing from my phone and tried to pair it again – it sees the X3, but doesn't seem to be able to make a connection with it (I never get to the passcode entry screen, it just sits and does nothing). It's not my iPhone since it's working just fine with other Bluetooth devices I have.

I checked the BT module in the cargo area and nothing looks amiss with it (no disconnected wires, etc. and I haven't touched it in years).

Sound like its dead? Anything else I should try? This is one of my favorite features and I don't want to be without it. I've made an appointment at my dealer already to get it checked out first thing on Monday but thought I'd ask the gurus here in case it's all for naught...
My first BMW - I love it!

www.macgirl.net

Sponsored Links