View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 01:31 AM

Location: Kirkland, WA to Alexandria, VA - Now in Marysville, WA
m5james is on a distinguished road
The RE 12" in my 7 fires through the skibag hole and is ported into the trunk. I'd have to find pics, but the box buts up to the backseat w/ a 2" think square around the sub so it'll sit flush and look nice through the skibag hole. As long as you don't need to fold the seats down, have the reclining option or sliding cargo floor, you could make a box that is what width of the cargo area.

Just make the front of the box at the same angle of the sub, back it away the same 2" I did, make a square trim piece around the sub to finish it off when you look at the sub through the skibag hole, then make the back of the box horizontal to allow for the most cargo space. You wouldn't even have to make the box go the entire width of the cargo area, but it'd really come down to the specs of the sub you use. Another thing, if you do have the sliding cargo tray, maybe you could find a way to secure it to the sides and have the enclosure float like 1/4 above the floor so it can still slide. If push comes to shove and I want more bass from the X down the road, I might just have to use my own idea

650hp 10 X5///M - Stage 2, Vibrant 1794's , gutted cats, custom intake, AC Forged 22's
325hp 98 BMW 740iL - ///M5 6spd, www.bavengine.com w/ Performance Option, electric fan, CF intake tube w/ heatshield, Mag 14816 w/ notched bumper, Bilstein/H&R Stage II/Powerflex

600+hp 02 Harley F150 - MHP900 Stage 3 engine, KB2.3, 8# lower, 60# inj, Walbro FP's

135hp 01 TL1000R - M4 full exhaust, K&N, Yosh box, -1/+2 gears, 2CT's

Last edited by m5james; 11-04-2009 at 01:45 AM.

Sponsored Links