View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 02:27 AM

blktoptrvl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSETH View Post
I don't agree with squatting on any level, period. Abandoned, vacant, neglected, etc. I own a vacant, dilapidated home that was once residential and is now commercial. Hasn't been lived in for years. The home is boarded up and not livable. We have not torn down the home. We pay all taxes on the property as we should. Why should I have to go check on any sort of regular basis to be sure that some piece of sh!t hasn't taken down some boards and ignored our no tresspassing signs?

What you are saying is that you don't like squatters. It does not matter to you if they are doing it legally or not.

But because you don't like the practice, anyone who supports it is wrong in your eyes. This then is one of the prime reasons you don't like ACORN.

I defend (if you want to call it that) ACORN because Republicans make them out to be something sinister, when I am pretty sure they are no more wrong than any of the groups that Republicans support – yet I never hear the same complaints. And to me that is just hypocrisy at its finest.

I am pretty sure all your other arguments against ACORN can be summed up the same way.

Regarding your property. You have to check it from time to time because that is what happens when you leave a property in a state where it looks abandoned. It is the price YOU pay for not keeping the property in a condition that the community at-large will not see as a blight.

BTW, is anyone who is looking for an abandoned property to live in “a piece of shit?” Makes me wonder if you call yourself a Christian too?

Why is it, do you think that squatting in a lot of places is legal? It is because the community does not want you to leave blighted and/or abandoned property sitting around. They would rather see someone come in and use the property, make it a community asset.

Sponsored Links