Thread: E70 wheels
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 09:13 PM

ard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
I did use a GSP9700, twice. The rim was just really that bad... it was visibly wobbling when spun yet nobody told me about it, including that RF balance guy... I had to go back to him and ask to watch to have it balanced... they had somehow deemed it acceptable (or just wasn't paying visual attention). Problem is the RF balancer only spins it up to 25mph according to him, and while it zeros out at that speed, at 70mph+ where I could feel it, it was a different story.
The procedure for the RF is not to allow an out of spec wheel to be road-forced... so if it fails a dimensional run out, they cannot 'zero it out' using the force... Or should not.

I'm a good customer at the tire shop, they let me hang out in the back, so I can watch the balance- and help a bit. I just mounted a set of new PS2s on new HRE C20s, and the guy took almost two hours to get it perfect... the big tires were a bitch (315/30-18) one wheel took two 'remounts' to forcematch, the other three! Tipped him $20. When they do a great job, I'll do that- and I get the service I expect.

Like so many threads here, a bit of respect and interaction with the folks working on our cars can go a long way... and I'm not lecturing, just saying...

A

Sponsored Links