View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:47 AM

J.Belknap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilliwilli View Post
I like your style...

Just throwing it out there, hope the info comes in handy for someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
So are you going to replace it through Dinan or some online site like www.superchargersonline.com? While I'd rather have a nice and loud S/C instead of the SQ series, I might be interested in taking your S-trim off your hands
Directly through Vortech. I'll call them and get a return authorization. The Dinan kit bracket is designed for a Vortech V-2 (SQ), so quiet and stealthy is the only option. I believe you "can" have the gears changed to a straight-cut T-trim style in the V-2 case, but not sure/don't care too much about noise for a daily driver.

The cost of the S/C rebuild is about $375.
The cost of the S/C S-Trim to Si-Trim conversion is about $350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
Interesting info... for me I'm not sure the modest increase would warrant cost. I went a different route, I took mine (03 4.6is S3 originally done in 2005) back to Dinan in Menlo Park and talked with Steve. We decided the best bang for the buck to increase power/torque was to cut the pulley wheel. This boosted the pulley wheel rpm's and output of charge from the Vortech V-2 I currently have on the car. They had to re-map air to fuel and do some additional fine tunning. Overall I was happy with the modification.

bf
Hey bud, how have you been? I think you have a PM that I sent a while back. It would be nice if I were out on the west coast, I wouldn't mind stopping by Dinan's shop for the cut pulley / tune upgrade. (Dinan stage 5 software? LOL)

Vortech keeps all the old stuff, so make sure you don't send them the pulley with the S/C.

I think that with the ~$750 spent on this refresh, there will not be much more peak power, but definitely more area under the curve.

Sponsored Links