Thread: TV in Motion
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 05:08 PM

kevin300z is on a distinguished road
So how did the install go WolfX5?
I got a VIDBMW1 and one did not work. Soundgate sent me a second one and I can't get video in. I have dip switches 2,4 switched to on. Do you hit mode on the Navi to get video to work? CD or AUX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfX5 View Post
I installed the VIDBMW1 module ($350.00) myself from Soundgate last year into my 2002 X5 (w/nav) along with an aftermarket DVD player and the video quality is VERY good. The big upside of this unit is that it's so much less expensive than competitors and has the ability to handle 2 video inputs (e.g. DVD and backup camera). Plus with a little relay magic, it's possible to get this unit to play while driving without purchasing additional "modules" (though I've tried this once and I have to say, it is NOT a good idea to watch a movie while driving guys - let your passengers do the watching, YOU watch the road!)

The only downside is that, unlike TVONNAV or similar units, there is no audio inputs. You can order an additional Soundgates audio module or go with FM Modulator like I did (which is fine for DVD's, not at all acceptable for Audio CD's in my opinion).

Good luck!

Sponsored Links