View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 08:19 PM

Repoman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcghee View Post
I'm getting cold feet, namely for two reasons.

First it seems these vehicles depreciate like there's no tomorrow.

It also seems X5's are maintenance hogs with all sorts of little annoying service and repair issues. I'm OK with occasional service but I don't want to buy the car "wrong" and then have to sink a bunch more money on top of that.

I will have a remaining factory warranty through April 1. This gives me a free 1 month shake down cruise.
At least you got your cold feet before your purchase instead of after like myself. I wouldn't be worried as much about depreciation as much as your second worry which you labeled "little annoying service and repair issues."

Regarding the warranty, I would not even entertain the thought of buying one of these w/o the CPO no matter what price I was able to get the car for. Otherwise you are really asking for trouble. Also, if several trips to the dealership for repairs and being without your car for days at a time is OK with you than you will be OK with your purchase. Otherwise your cold feet is justified.

You are correct to assume you will have several annoying service and repair issues because you will. If this is more of a concern of yours than how the vehicle looks or handles, you should not make the purchase. I wish that I did not make mine.
2009 Scion tC w/46K miles
2007 Suzuki SV650 custom streetfighter
2000 Lexus GS400 w/165K miles

Sponsored Links