View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 02:31 AM

RJRDenver is on a distinguished road
Pulled the upgrade trigger today (already having my first problem)

Hey all, I've been on and off the boards for the past few years. Today, I traded my '03 4.4i in for an '08 4.8i and I'm lovin it so far.

I am having a weird problem already though. I noticed when I put the car in reverse, the rear camera view was not coming up on the front screen. PDC is working fine in terms of indicating proximity of obstacles audibly.

I went into the Vehicle and Tires settings menu and went to the Maneuvering Aids section. When I attempted to turn on any of the camera features like guide lines, etc, the item would check and then a second or two later, uncheck. I also tried changing from Camera full screen to camera and PDC view. After making this last change and putting the car in reverse, the area where the camera image should appear was just black. Initially I thought maybe due to ambient lighting since I was trying this in the dark, but I don't think that's the case. After putting the car back into drive and or park, the blank area never went away and I could not recall the iDrive main menu by pressing the menu button on the center console. I tried shutting the car off, waiting and starting it back up and still no way to get back to iDrive at all. The right hand split view of the monitor is still showing the map from navigation. Any thoughts?

BTW: I bought CPO and did not get a manual. They are tracking one down for me. In the mean time, I'm downloading the BMW PDF now, but anticipating of figure the issue out is driving me crazy.

Below are a couple pictures of the new vehicle.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links