View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 10:40 PM

Location: Kirkland, WA to Alexandria, VA - Now in Marysville, WA
m5james is on a distinguished road
LOL....I towed a Uhaul trailer that exact same size from Seattle to DC using a Mercury Sable. Moved out there for a year for work....lots of clothes, a motorcycle and other bits and pieces. Other than adjusting my headlights and decreased gas mileage, it had no negative affect on the car.

The ONLY problem I had towing the same trailer coming back to Seattle was when the left wheel came off due to the shop overtightening the wheel lugs, so they all sheered off. It probably doesn't help that since I was driving back in my supercharged Tacoma V6 that I was able to go quicker on the drive back home

Unless you're towing like 15,000lbs, I wouldn't worry about weight distrubition on the hitch, just load it evenly inside the trailer itself so it's not front or back heavy. Everytime I've ever seen a distribution hitch was for vehicles like my F350 when towing some serious weight.

650hp 10 X5///M - Stage 2, Vibrant 1794's , gutted cats, custom intake, AC Forged 22's
325hp 98 BMW 740iL - ///M5 6spd, www.bavengine.com w/ Performance Option, electric fan, CF intake tube w/ heatshield, Mag 14816 w/ notched bumper, Bilstein/H&R Stage II/Powerflex

600+hp 02 Harley F150 - MHP900 Stage 3 engine, KB2.3, 8# lower, 60# inj, Walbro FP's

135hp 01 TL1000R - M4 full exhaust, K&N, Yosh box, -1/+2 gears, 2CT's

Sponsored Links