View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 02:02 PM

z2g is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rans09vert View Post
z2g, this is true, I am complaining alot, but with good reason. If I just ordered the 2011, then I would not be complaining about this delay with the seat module. However, because of the first delay, which was so long, 10 weeks before the 2010 went into production, not including production time, and shipping time, and now this delay, I am just frustrated. I am really frustrated because I turned in my leased Audi Q7 6 weeks ago. I expected to have the X5 before my lease on my Audi was up. It is very difficult for my family to not have a vehicle with 3 rows of seats.

The reason I cancelled the 2010 is because my CA called me and offered for me to get a 2011 instead. He said I would recieve it only about 4 weeks later than the 2010. I went on BMWs international website and researched the changes, and then went and drove a 2010 4.8i, and drove a 2010 X6 50i back to back to compare. I liked the 50i much better, liked the updated front and rear bumpers (less black plastic) and liked the 336 20" rims being different than the 214 rims that have been on the road for 4 years, so I decided on the 2011. That is the reason I am in such a hurry, and complaining. I think that you would feel the same way. My other cars are only 4 seaters, a 2009 mini cooper John cooper works convertible, and a 2010 shelby GT500 mustang that I only drive in nice weather, and for cruising. So, my wife and I are in a bind.
Don't get me wrong. I totally understand where you're coming from. The wait can kill you. I've special ordered cars in the past. The wait can seem like an eternity. Most recently, I ordered a 2010 X5 last fall. It took about 3 months. I got really impatient too.

In your scenario, it sucks that you have to contend with an expiring lease. But really, who's fault is that? If time was of the essence, you should not have special ordered a car....especially one that is a new production year/model which can often run into delays. Next time around, either buy a car that's already on the lot or special order a car well in advance with the anticipation that some delays may occur.

Worst case scenario, borrow a friend's/family member's car or rent a minivan at their monthly rate. You're buying a $60k car, I'm sure you can afford it.

Sponsored Links