Thread: Rand Paul
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Premier Member

JCL will become famous soon enoughJCL will become famous soon enough
I would have thought that the civil rights act (and the disabled persons act) helps to establish Justice, insure domestic tranquility, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty for all citizens. In contrast, not supporting the need for it is proposing that there would be more tranquility, liberty, etc, without the laws in place. I personally don't think that would happen. That was why I called him naive, and not a racist.

Interested in all the sports analogies that have been offered up, but I am not sure why they are focusing on employees, when the focus should be on customers. It isn't about whether there are enough black or white players in a league, but rather whether black fans or white fans should pay different ticket prices to attend such games, based only on the colour of their skin. That gets back to the businessman analogy. Sure, it may be a stupid policy for that business. But if they did it, would you have more tranquility in society? I think not. The laws send a signal about what is right, what is expected, because you can't expect hundreds of millions of people to think the same way.

Retired:
2008 535i, 6 MT, M Sport, Premium, Space Grey
2003 X5 3.0 Steptronic, Premium, Titanium Silver

2002 325xi 5 MT, Steel Grey
2004 Z4 3.0 Premium, Sport, SMG, Maldives Blue

Sponsored Links