View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 08:06 PM
..make it happn' capn'

Wagner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSETH View Post
It is, but they aren't going to get any sympathy from me. This is one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history from one of these companies that cut corners and sacrifice safety for a few extra dimes when they are already making billions of dollars.
Not asking for any sympathy for the league leader in EPA violations (90%+ of all in the last 10 years). Just saying, its isn't a small amount to pay. I'd love to know where Congress has been all this time as it's been cutting lease licenses to BP. How come Royal Dutch (Shell) and Chevron seem to be using the better of two well designs when BP (number one commodity producer) is using the cheapest version almost routinely?

And it is minimally sickening to hear British representatives say "please say BP, not British Petroleum since 49% of the company is owned by Americans".

Also, kills me to say this.but., I have no love for the little man on this one: Franchised BP stations say 'don't boycott us' - CHARLESTON, SC NEWS - LIVE 5 WCSC Breaking News, Weather, Sports

Looks like they should call Shell, Chevron, Exxon (yes, Exxon) or some other franchise ASAP.

An unwavering defender of those I see worth protecting.

"promote the general welfare, not provide the general welfare"

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Sponsored Links