View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Batman

KYZRSOSE is on a distinguished road
So here's where my newbie shows, in this mod. Really the first modification of my X (shy of anything aesthetically done.) I have been doing pretty extensive research on doing this exhaust mod, only to find on YouTube, Google, this forum, etc. most people if not all have not adjusted the H/X pipe or resonator delete on an E70. They all went with a full blown exhaust upgrade (ie. Meister, etc.) As opposed to the E53 crowd which has done resonator deletes, X pipe, full blown, and everything in between to get the sound they wanted.

Since cost was a factor for me, that was out, and since I do so much mileage in my car for business (read: on the phone,) drone was a big factor in not doing just the muffler (most people said the free'r flowing muffler would have created drone at 2-3K rpm.

Since this was a cheaper alternative ($300) I choose this blindly (a little bit of impulse buy was also at hand here.) I have only driven it for a matter of hours before my car required emergency surgery at the dealership, so I will continue to drive it when I get back to see how bad it is. I keep playing the YouTube clips and each time, its sounding different than what I wanted.

The other issue I have is I'm not a mechanical person by nature, and so I have no real ability of trusting a business who just wants to get paid, as opposed to people who want to help me get the sound I want (along with prior experience would be great too.) Its times like this I wish I had purchased the 4.8is I was looking at before getting this one.... (with all the mod work done over years on them, I would have what I wanted by now.)

Most likely, the resonators will go back on, more money wasted. I'm lost on this one. I wanted the deeper tone, but not the drone...I know, I want the cake and eat it as well...such is life. Suggestions appreciated
KYZRSOSE #6 - 2018 X5 F15 50i (BM3 | XHP tuned)
HER's - 2020 X3 G01 xDrive30i
REGIFT - 2002 325CiC E46
GONE - KYZRSOSE #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, ABEFRMN 7 Series

Last edited by KYZRSOSE; 06-27-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Sponsored Links