View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 04:39 AM

powers1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by essjay2730 View Post
Hi All

I drive a 3.0d 2004 X5 and had it serviced last week by a small but good indy garage. Used them before for a number of things but never for a service. Picked up on Saturday morning and the car now seems sluggish after having an Inspection 2 service - kick down is OK but no real pulling power at low revs - wondered whether it might be becaue they used lower grade oil/ air filter/ fuel filter and the engine's not getting the right mix? Any one have an opinion? The garage do normally fit OEM gear but you have to ask for it and I didn't so maybe have sub-standard equipment fitted at the service. Any help appreciated.
When you take your car for a service to a Bmw dealer,they always diagnose your car for the latest sofware.Sometimes when they update cars software they forget to code the engine sensors.The ECU then self-adapts but takes some miles to do so!But since you say its a local indy garage,I doubt it if they would do this,but you can still ask them if they scanned your car!
A software update will also erase any "re-map" your car may have had before!Was your car remapped before going in for a service?
If a software update wasnt the culprit,then its down to something they did in the service!I work with these engines all the time and I dont see how replacing any service items will affect you cars performance,providing they fit an compatible air and fuel filters properly!Maybe they damaged a sensor or the MAF when they replaced the air-filter .Most likely the MAF!Dont you have a EML on the dash?Anyway,do ask them what work they did on the car or post us your invoice here..

Keep us posted..

Sponsored Links