View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Almost never on here anymore :(

Weasel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by powers1 View Post
Here,maybe its an European thing,but its standard procedure to always check for software updates and when there is one available,its obligatory to do it,before you can go ahead with any other diagnostics.You should know that??????Well ,I do ,I used to work at a dealer and my mates still do ,so I still know what goes on!
With regards to your other comments,about E53 not being programmed and sensors arent coded,its not worth an answer because you obviously dont know what you are talking about.
Hope the OP gets it sorted.

Hold on one minute.... I'm trying to not take offense to this and I've been at the BMW dealer for 6 years. The only sensor I can think of that needs to be coded after replacement is the steering angle. The cam sensors, crank sensors, coolant temp sensors, MAF, etc. can't be coded as they are simple sensors. NTC, pressure, hot film or whatever the case may be. And apparently it is very different from the US with BMWNA to Europe as the warranty claim for programming will be denied by BMWNA unless it is warranted by: Part replacement, GWCODE, Service bulletin, instructed by PuMA case or teileclearing, or instructed by FSE. If we just program it just because it isn't at the currently highest integration level we will not be paid and the claim will be debited. And what does that matter on non-integration level vehicles like E53, E39, E38, E46 etc? Honestly enough most common drivability problems do have bulletins or other service info getting you to program it anyways, but the above info does still apply. (I can provide info in writing from BMWNA to back this all up as well)

I am an easy going guy and hard to bother, so feel free to talk openly to me. And no need to be condescending.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.

Examine what is said, not who speaks.

X5 pics

RIP 4.6is.....

2003 4.6is

Last edited by Weasel; 08-16-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Sponsored Links