View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 08:45 AM

gatorgirl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_F1 View Post
My X5 had a similar collision just a few months ago. First off using a non dealer recommended body shop will not void the warranty. I would recommend using a body shop who mainly deals with exotics though if possible. The one I used is basically does only German cars and exotics (Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc) Though I did not smell exhaust any more than before they replace basically everything in the rear end that was even dented slightly. Just to name the big parts: bumper, all of the mounting and structural hardware for the rear bumper, muffler, PDC sensors, and the heat shield. They also had to remove the rear quater panels for some reason so they also had to remove the headliner. The entire repair took over two weeks, and cost over $8000. Though all of it was paid by the other driver's insurance, as he rear ended the X5 in stop and go traffic.
Thanks for responding!! Wow . . . $8000. I was thinking maybe $2000 or so but with everything involved I knew the price would be kinda high. I told the driver that she might want to get her insurance involved!! I think she would rather pay her deductible than pay for everything out-of-pocket!!

Sponsored Links