View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 01:59 PM

jdudjak is on a distinguished road
More Progress today installing backup camera

Made more progress today installing backup camera. I am currently running the power wire for the backup camera from the camera to the reverse light. The path of this wire shall start at the middle of the hatch, run to the left of the hatch, up the left side of the hatch to the rubber raceway following the wires that power the license plate lights. The wire then goes through the rubber raceway into the body of the car, then down the D pillar past the navigation unit into the spare tire cavity and then connects to the reverse lights.

Pulling the trim off the back hatch was not that hard. The trim has four screws. Two screws are in plain sight where the grab holes are for the hatch. The other two screws are underneath the two lights on the hatch that light up when the interior lights come on. Take a screw driver and carefully pry up the two lights and you will see the trim attachment screws. One you have all four screws removed, then pry up the trim which will be clipped on by a combo of plastic and metal strips. Remove the trim until all the way until the top of the hatch where you will get to the rubber gasket raceway that leads to the body of the car.
Fish the wire through from the bottom of the hatch to the top of the hatch and through the rubber gasket raceway. That will get you to the D pillar. Remove the trim on the D piller and that leads you to the navigation unit. From there you are right next to the reverse light.

Tomorrow I shall fish the video wire in the same fasion to the navigation unit and the video module that I installed a few days ago. Everything is looking good so far.

Last edited by jdudjak; 09-28-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Sponsored Links