View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 05:39 AM

mtech8 is on a distinguished road
Sports Button with Adaptive Drive

Did the search and read a lot about the Sport Button, but didn't find the exact answer to the question in this thread.

So you only get the "Sport Button" below the shifter IF you have Adapative Drive. Now with this button pressed "on" (so that the green light shows up), the car's ride is definitely stiffer. But with the button pressed "off" (so that the green light is not on), is this the same as having a car without adapative drive? Does a car with adaptive drive with the button pressed off, still benefits from other aspects that come with adaptive drive.

I test drove a 35i and 35d without the adapative drive. The ride felt a lot softer and signifcantly more roll was felt. I think that it felt even more than when I drive with my 4.8 with the "sports button" pressed off. Just wondering if it's in my head. It might be due to the difference in weight. I did notice the 35i and 35d (that did not have 3rd row seats) felt lighter than my 4.8 with the heavier engine and additional weight from the 3rd row seats. Not sure if the 21" vs 20" wheels would have made any difference either. Figured 19" and 20+ would make more of an impact.
White w/ Black Interior w/ Bamboo Trim | Premium | Sports + 214" | Tech | Cold Weather | Rear Climate | Premium Sound | Active Vent Seats | Heads-Up | Comfort Access | 3rd Row | Aero Kit | Huper Optik Tint | Clear Reflectors

Sponsored Links