View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 07:45 PM

Meiac09 is on a distinguished road
My 3 series and the last week

I'm still shaking from my drive home from Charlotte, so this might be borderline ranting. In the last week, my 325 has failed on me twice.

The first time was the windshield wipers, which stopped working. This was at midnight, it was raining and I was on my way home from studying late. Nothing worked, and I made the one mile ride home with a wet arm and with a lot of stopping (hazards on).

The next day, I called the service department who couldn't fit me in. Though, the SA at the local dealer wouldn't let me finish a sentence explaining the problem. After he told me that it was a fuse, I explained that I had pulled them all and tested them, none were broken, and that I needed to get it looked at before flying out of town for a week. He said he couldn't fit me in until tuesday afternoon, and he probably wouldn't be able to fix it. I said OK, booked the appointment, then hit start and the wipers were on full blast. He couldn't even tell me where the fuse puller was hidden.

I got to the airport, and got home today and got in. The car was shaking worse than normal. It has been shaking for the last 10,000 miles, and I've had it into Century, Asheville, Hendrick in Charleston and the dealer in Jacksonville (It became really apparent while on Vacation on the way to FL) and got a list of "Could Not Replicate" and SA's telling me I needed a $350 alignment... BS) About 30 miles into my drive, in west bum fuck South Carolina, I started to smell something burning. I stopped the car, pulled over and smelled, and my tires smelled hot. I'm a bit paranoid about this since my Audi died by fire when its caliper hung up on the side of I-95 in Massachusetts. Nothing was burnt, and it seemed okay, but the edge of my left front tire was super chewed up. I talked to my CFO, and took it slow, and it seemed to get better, the shaking subsided a little, so I kept going, until it started again. I got out this time and checked all the lug nuts, all fine. I keep going, traffic stops, and I braked hard. my brakes LOCKED up. Not the first time, my ABS hasn't been working for weeks made apparent by a lot of new tire marks by the offramp for my school, but since theres no code, theres no problem according to my idiot local dealer. After I got back on the road (I went for the breakdown lane, and am glad I did) the car is shaking worse than ever. I got off the highway and took surface roads back to school, and had to pull off two more times to make sure nothings burning.

48 hours ago I was working a deal to trade this car for a 335i, and be done with it. Now, I'm really wondering how smart that is. My mom's X5 (E53) is 100,000 times more solid and reliable than this thing, and between its lack of reliability and crap mileage (and the BMW dealer network's lack of motivation to ever help me) I really wonder if my car is a dud or if its just.... I don't know. What would y'all do? I'm having it towed to the dealer here in town tomorrow, and if they don't help me I'm going to let my CFO go nuts on them. I'm really sick of this and really can't trust this thing any more. Theres no reason this car should be shot to hell at 69k. Hell, the Audi made it to 140k before it burned up on the side of the road, and that car is notoriously shitty.

Sorry for the rant, but advice is really appreciated.

Sponsored Links