View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 07:18 PM

JBF is on a distinguished road
The local garage said five hours labour to change both sides. I knocked them down to four hours and they agreed to change the front rotors/pads at the same time which saves me a job in the next month or two. They even got it booked in for tomorrow!

I'm supplying BMW parts which I picked up from the dealer earlier - £250 of which £160 was for the front rotors. The labour is costing me £200 so in total £450 which doesn't seem bad considering the genuine parts. Dealers wanted £700 to do just the boots and £1000 with the brakes.

The local garage also tracked down the source of a very annoying squeak/creak which the dealers claimed they couldn't hear (very obvious even while just rocking the car). It's coming from the passenger side rear suspension airbag. It doesn't look like there's any obvious wear so they are going to give it a clean and lube up the rubber skirt. Possible trouble ahead?

Was very nice to get in the pit and take a look at the undersides of the beast. I'm tempted to buy a control arm kit as a spring/summer project.

BMW X5 Control Arms Tie Rods Links Kit 01 02 03 04 05 - eBay (item 390263071404 end time Jan-15-11 12:11:11 PST)

Sponsored Links