View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 08:21 PM

diyanich is on a distinguished road
Hi m5james,you know what happens,that I can't really drive it stronger/abuse it more since it's a snowy winter here now,so I have a lot of situations where I have to follow somebody at speeds when shudder is starting,so frustrating,if I go harder,it shifts at different speed past 50 km/h and no shudder present,but I am not always able to do so.
I am thinking to bring it to the dealership for tranny diagnostic.
It's still under Mr.Transmission warranty until Sept '11,so I am taking an action on this one now.
Still gonna get the rest of fluid flushed to get as close to full capacity of LT 71141,now I am at 3/4 I would assume.
The OP of this thread said you suspected the Valve body to be the problem,it could be I guess,but why if there's a slippage or malfunction it isn't storing any codes? Unless those ones are readable only by DIS,could it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Using Sport for your daily commute on city streets is where it will decrease gas mileage, but once on the highway (where the car can justify needing 5th gear) it's not going to change anything. For example, while I was driving down the road doing 45mph, around 2000rpms, if I bumped it back to Drive, the rpm
's went down to around 1600 and if shifted into 5th.

As for the fluid, the thing about LT71141 is that it's designed to have a longer service life...not "lifetime" persay, but longer than a standard oil at say 30-50k intervals. I've read of other experiences on other boards about people even using good ol Dexron and changing the fluid and filter every 30k, all without any issues. The problem is that most of the people on these forums who are even reading about transmission fluid, types, filters, problems, etc are already into the 100k range. As some have suggested here, it may cause more problems than good SINCE they've already got such high mileage and aren't addressing the problem as preventative maintenance, but more as a bandaid for issues that are starting to happen at the present. I have a machine that holds about 18 quarts of fluid, hooks to the transmission lines at the radiator, using a plunger that pulls out fluid and then replaces it at the same time.

It shudders at the same speed/rpm as before the rebuild? I would imagine it's a clutch pack issue...but I'm by no means a tranny expert, I just read a lot. Heck, it could still be the fluid though as I know people have expressed issues on my motorcycle forums about using car synthetic oil vs motorcycle synthetic oil due to the different wet clutch additives. As long as you're using something that says it's LT71141 compatible, and I'm assuming you have a warranty, then I'd just drive it harder and see if something either breaks, or breaks-in...seriously.

Sponsored Links