View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 01:13 PM

X5Sport is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
That would be interesting, because I'm surprised BMW would bother engineering/fitting an older M57 engine and the corresponding 6AT into such a new chassis.

I still think that although there is a small following of folks who would enjoy a diesel X3, BMW should tread carefully. It's not a big market.
It's now the N57 single turbo engine with the 8-speed transmission for the 30d powertrain. Europe also gets the N57S twin-two stage turbo plus + 8sp (we know it as the 40d and it replaced the 35d) as this is more economical than the manual version which is no longer offered on the X5/6. The UK is due to get the 6-cyl engine in April but we do not yet know whether the 6sp manual will be standard as it is on the 4-cyl or the 8AT. Currently the 8AT is a cost option.

For the X3 in the UK there is no petrol option. Diesels outsell petrols across the board now having taken more than 50% of all new car sales since the Summer of 2010. Even if the US market remains small, the Rest of the World Market is very big and getting bigger all the time.

Wifey:
Current: 2012 R80 Countryman SDX Green/Cream

Last edited by X5Sport; 01-15-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Sponsored Links