View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:19 PM

X5rolls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5SND View Post
WARNING: This thread contains material that a BMW "Purist" will probably find offensive, and therefore should probably leave now.

Ok, with that out of the way on to the more interesting tid bits. With some new wheels and tires set to arrive shortly, I needed to find a solution to the atrocious wheel gap that will ensue. So switching over to an air ride system with some sort of digital ride height control was the answer as i need the ability to keep my clearance for winter. I searched high and low for aftermarket kits, arriving at the conclusion that it was a choice of either airrunner or kits that looked like they were more novelty items than anything.
The only problem with the airrunner system being that unless you order the complete kit, they do not warranty anything.

So with all that being said, the final verdict was to do some sort of hybrid factory/aftermarket set up.

So here's the plan:
-BMW's air struts and bags
-Ride Tech valving
-Dakota Digital Ride Height Controller
-Viair Compressor
-Some sort of desiccant air Dryer (still sorting this one out)

Everything except the struts, bags and dryer are on order, and should arrive shortly, so as the building commences I plan to keep this thread updated on the progress!

One last thing, (sorry for the long and somewhat dull post!) before someone jumps in and points out that the project is probably not the most economical solution... on you!
Sounds interesting, can I ask what the budget is for this set up?

Sponsored Links