View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 11:18 PM

///Bruce is on a distinguished road
Unbelieveable: $$ to fix my 4.8is

Two months ago, I rear ended a relatively new Honda Accord. I trashed this lady's car. To my 06 X5 4.8is, I needed a new bumper and a new C member. Total cost for mine was ~$2,000. BTW, if anyone needs body parts for their X5's, try these guys: -- Auto body parts from all the major manufacturers - 1000's of auto parts. If you need to identify parts, use the site below: BMW Parts - Call (800) 734-0782 for New Genuine BMW Parts and Accessories - Save Money

After I picked her up on Saturday, my wife was to drive it home. The damned alternator AND the battery died to the point where the X5 just shut down in the center lane of Interstate 45. She manged to roll off an exit and move to the right-hand curb lane. Even the flashers stopped working after two hours and left her stranded TWO MILES from the Advantage Clear Lake BMW dealership! And since they were closing in 30 minutes, they could not help my wife and left her stranded in 29 degree weather!

So, since she's a CPO, the alternator and a leaky water pump found through inspection requested by me are both covered minus a $50 deductible.

But now it gets interesting. I along with many others of you have been bitching about a vibration under braking at high speeds (~45mph to 80+mph). They found one of my control arm bushings LEAKING. And, bushings are not covered under CPO warranty. PLUS BMW want $360 for a new battery. I told them to charge my battery while the alternator was being R&R'd. I can pick up the top of the line at an AutoZone by my home for $160 and R&R it myself.

I sincerely hope that with recently replacing tires all around for $1100 and changing my front rotors for $99 each for zinc-plated cross-drilled versions that the vibration will be completely gone. Right now, the vibration is almost gone. If not, the 2006 Black Sapphire Metallic with the beige-cream comfort leather seating and all options except for the sliding tail tray will be sold! And this is coming from a guy whose last three vehicles were a 2001, a 2003.5 and a 2005 M3 cabriolet as well as driving BMW's exclusively since 1988!

BMW are you listening? This SHIT is getting really old!

Sponsored Links