View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 02:54 PM

nwcs is on a distinguished road
I have had an e70 for 3 years to the day today and had nothing but 1 problem with it - WATER.
after it been in the BMW workshop about 15 times over the last 3 years, it was discovered 3 weeks ago that the drain pipes from the sunroof going down the a pillars are clinked on both sides and as this car has never been anywhere but my main dealer, they are indicating that this was done at manufacture which will explain why it first happened after the 1st heavy rain but at the time they put it down to a lose grommet on the rear tailgate even though the water was coming through the sun visor. they have now ordered the replacement tubes and are still waiting on BMW technical on how to fit them - it has even been suggested by the dealership that they may need to cut a section out of the 'A; pillars to pull the tubes through - at this point I am going out of my mind on how this can be accepted - i bet they encounter lots of new vehicle requests on the warranty deadline but i think this is a genuine request as I don't want any paint job or welding done on my car - if i did I would pay 25k for a second hand one and not the 62k for a new one that i paid for - see my previous posts regarding this problem which includes my car acting as a sauna in the summer

Sponsored Links