View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 11:43 AM

mfiver is on a distinguished road
Thanks to everyone, very very much!

Here's the deal: I usually do my own work and would figure it out as I go= along.....but,
I've injured my back and have to take it into a shop, as one outer boot is now completely separated. So I have to understand the procedure well enough to be able to convince my mechanic bill me for 30 minutes (well let's say an hour) rather than the 3 hours in his book. Since I have to do both sides we're talking about (6 hours x $95=) $570 vs (2 hours x $95) = $190

In order to convince him to pursue this route and I have be able to understand it myself in advance, without laying hands or eyes on the parts.

So sorry for the many questions but, I have changed many CV's, boots and axles (Porsche & VW) and I've never forced out an axle with a c-clip in place. This is an entirely new concept to me and it's hard to imagine popping the c-clip out with force... and well as sliding the axle back thru the star with the c-clip in place.

So thanks again for your patience and continued replies! It is deeply appreciated.

Sponsored Links