View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 10:15 AM
New Member - Awaiting Email Confirmation

ukwildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard in NC View Post
I am just starting to get a tailgate or cargo cover rattle. Right now its seldom and rather quiet. I hope it stays no more than that.

One annoyance is the climate controls. On the surface they should be no different previous 5 series, etc. But Charlotte spring weather changes from 40 degree mornings to 75 degree sunny afternoons. Even keeping it on 73 degrees and auto doesn't work. Its a multi step process to change the driver vent temp, the passenger vent temp, and then press auto again. I repeat that each morning and each afternoon.
Seeing as how I have the same weather.

Working well for me so far. I see what you mean - it's hard to get it perfect unless the outside temperature is more stable.

But coming from the Lexus, it's a huge improvement. It could heat well, but the AC would constantly turn my fingers and other parts numb - not much of an in between.

At least the BMW doesn't do that, even if it may be a bit chilly at times. I don't have to fiddle with it much. It also does a good job keeping it fog-free at all times (a little will build up but not bad).

When I was looking at buying, I was worried it would not be able to cool well enough. NOOOO - that's not a problem.

Sponsored Links