View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 11:52 AM

Best4x4xFAR is on a distinguished road
Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport – Dueler H/P Sport RFT

So I need to purchase a new set of summer sneakers for the X5, and get the winter boots off. I (like most it seems from posts) was no fan of the Michelin Diamaris that came on the 19” wheels, and would like to find a better alternative. The Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sports eems to be the logical choice (not that there are a LOT of choices in the 255/50 front, 285/45 rear staggered designations) from what I can see.

Now the questions start. First, is the Dueler H/P Sport and the Dueler H/P Sport Run Flat in these sizes the same tread pattern and sidewall design? Tire Rack’s online photos seem to show a very different tire (check the links) when looking at these two, which leaves me a bit confused.

If there is a difference, I favor the Run Flat’s tread pattern, but the next question is does the RFT significantly degrade ride characteristics over the already ‘crisp’ feel of the 19" Diamaris tires on my Sport Package Equipped X5?

And the Final Question is, since you need a TPMS to use the Run Flat variations, how much sidewall flex is there with a low air pressure Run Flat tire? Our X5 has a TPMS, but it is the ABS/ Wheel Speed variant, not the variant that actual reads internal pressure, so does that rule out the ability to even use a run flat tire for us?

Thanks in advance for your input..

--------------------
Black Sapphire Metallic/Sand Beige '13 E70 35d, SP, NAV, Tech, Comfort Access/Seats
20" Style 214's Wrapped in Continental DWS06 Extreme Contacts

(SOLD) Alpine White/Sand Beige '06 E53 3.0, SP, PP, CC, RC, NAV, Sat Radio
19" Style 63's
Wrapped in Bridgestone Dueler HP Sports-- Summer Shoes
18" Style 131's Wrapped in 255/55-18 Nokian WRG2 SUV's -- Winter Boots

Sponsored Links