View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 10:19 AM

TriX5 is on a distinguished road
The car is from '03 and putting new hoses is likely to be normal at 95k anyway, they don't seem to have been replaced yet. The trans is making a grinding noise and shifts clunky when coming to a stop and pulling away (but no codes) and last issue to crop up, it was slipping rather badly going uphill. I followed your instructions, drained the AT before removing the oil lines and everything is marked. I suspect the failure mode is like civdiv and PhilRR describe.

Thanks for clarifying the removal proces! I am wondering if an m/c jack is even going to help me much, I might build a little skid out of 2x4s that I can hold on two floor jacks, not sure yet.

Once I can see the innards of the AT I will probably order parts and while I wait for them it is time for the V-pan gasket....it has a slow leak and will be a good time to tackle anything on the back of the block. Also waiting is the fuel filter and I need to do the rear upper control arms as it is deveolping too much camber. Needless to say I don't expect it to be in the street for a couple of weeks yet.

Wife is driving the Tundra for the moment (at least one vehicle that appears to be bomb-proof :-).

Sponsored Links