View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 01:50 AM

babenis is on a distinguished road
Question Retrofit bluetoth using tcu ece(European) in a US x5 e53

Hello everyone, trying to get this bluetooth issue figured out and need a bit of help:
2002 bmw x5 e53, production 12/2001.
Self-upgraded to top-hifi, re-wired fully according to the specs
Installed onboard monitor with gps, all works great

Trying to get bluetooth to work butcant seem to be able to get the coding right:
I completed all wiring and harness from db25 to ulf 54, compared it with the original part number from BMW and all seem to match
Bought tcu European from eBay, nab Oder identifies it but could never get it to pair.

Everest tcu ece part number is 84106963758 and even though it gets detected by navcoder and identified as a tcu with Bluetooth - I can't get it to paid and the led lights on the onboard monitor never light up or switch from one color to another.

The car is from Canada, tcu was bought on eBay from a US seller, tcu detects okay,car was pre-wired with a db25 connector in the trunk. I tried removing sa629 from the coding code and adding sa644, that didn't do a thing, I tried adding sa639 - also no success. Any help with coding suggestions is highly appreciated. I have a navcoder and a USB version of SSS and DIS, as well as INPA and some other common tools that are used by other DIY'ers

Thank you for any help

Sponsored Links