View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 04:35 AM

V8 Testfahrer is on a distinguished road
You think it might be the DSP? The thought has accourd to my self as both FM and navigation voice failed. I will try to replace the DSP like you suggest. If I´m lucky the friend of mine with the 528i has one that fits. Unless of course a 1999 has the DSP2 then I´m on to e*** instead. Our systems are pretty much identical although.
By the way I have antenna diversity also. Not that it means a whole lot. First I thought that the radio signal simply was missing so I started to replace the antenna amplifier in both sides of the car. All radio stations are displayed on my 4:3 like I wrote earlier so I pretty much think the radio signal isn´t the prob here.
One thing we did which I´m not sure I mentioned is that we had to run the old blue cable (18 pin) from the TV module directly into the new MK4 to get the updated grafics on the screen. Only a white cable now is plugged in the TV module (white 18 pin unused before). The white 18 pin cable came with the upgrade cable from MK1 to MK4. The upgrade cable also had a blue 18 pin which should be attached directly into the MK4 unit. Like I said the blue 18 pin from the original wiring to the MK1 now is attached there to get the new grafics work. It means that the new 18 pin now is unattached at all.
I simply ain´t sure wether the TV module has something to do with the sound or now? I mean what if the FM and navigation voice aren´t being correctly re-routed? Would that be possible or is it 100% sure that the TV module has nothing to do with that? TV option is no longer present on the screnn menu of course. The white 18 pin does run directly into the TV module although!?

Sorry if I mix up things a little I´m trying to do my best to explaine all details that I know of. I will also try to find the pinout information for the re-routed navi voice. The cd stops playing when navigation voice should be present I can see the instruction on the screen and like I said the cd is cut off. Cd is cut off 100% although which means I do have a BM54back which actually is a BM24 that cannot just fade music during navigation voice input?

Last edited by V8 Testfahrer; 06-03-2011 at 04:42 AM.

Sponsored Links