View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 10:06 PM

ard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvam View Post
Ard, really you wouldn't want comfort access? I must be lazy because it's a pretty cool think not to have the use the key and just keep it in your pocket. It's killing me that my daughters car doesn't have it when I drive it.
It seems to be one of those technological features that has high costs to fix, and zero impact on my driving experience. I've used several cars with it and honestly getting the key out, putting on a seat belt, shifting out of park all seem like part of driving. (Dont get me going about shifting...) Adaptive drive you feel every second you are driving, that I highly value.

Reports of CA failures are around- people cant get in; water on the car results in doors and windows opening by themselves- in a thunderstorm; car is unlocked in the morning.

It used to be stand alone, at $1000- easy to skip. If it is tied to nav and the other items in the premium package, I'll live with it. Hope to see what the a la carte menu looks like....

I also don't like the HUD. That is now in the Tech package, which I will skip as the side view and hi-beam stuff are also of no use (to me)

A

PS People DO think it is cool, and every dealer ordered lot car had it, since they use that as a sales tool...I'm not surprised BMW figured there were so many with it that they should put it in a package.

Last edited by ard; 09-07-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Sponsored Links