Thread: Runflats
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 01:22 PM

TahoeM3 is on a distinguished road
Switched to non-run flats. To me, overall the turn-in, stability, and handling are improved, and it feels lighter on its feet and marginally quicker (although this could be in my head). I tried to quantify using the same road where I did my previous performance runs but it was raining. Despite the wet road, I posted identical matching times using the same technique, power braking and no LC (0-60 in 4.5, 0-100 in 10.9, 1/4 in 12.9@108). Also, on a separate run I got 4.7 to 60 without power braking, just mashing the throttle.

Drove it a bit more today and did a few runs. As these tires are M+S rated, they probably give up a bit in off the line vs. the stock summer tires, but make up for it in lighter weight...not that I can notice but I see it in the numbers. I did a LC run for the first time (my X5 only has a bit over 1300 miles on it), and posted a 0-60 of 4.29, 0-100 of 10.63, and 1/4 mile of [email protected]. Definitely some room for improvement there, and hopefully the engine will loosen up a bit more as time goes on. Even if it doesn't, with a set of stickier non-run flats I should be able to improve on those numbers a bit, although options for this tire size are pretty limited.

One other interesting point is that it logged a peak acceleration of 0.967g using launch control...that's impressive.

Sponsored Links