View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 05:11 PM

Alan Smithee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
In addition, the "Sport activity" package got the SA266 sport suspension (bit stiffer) ...however all US models got the mandatory "sport suspension delete" sub-option to eliminate this sport suspension from the 'sport activity package' as it was felt the US market would not like this.
You are making a confusing issue even more so by bringing up non-US models, codes on build sheets that people will likely never see, etc.

I cannot speak for all models and all model years. What I do know is that on my 2011 (November 2010 build) 35d, when the 'Sport Activity Package' option was selected, it included AD. There was a 'sport suspension delete' sub-option to delete AD for $3,500 less in both the 'Build Your Own' section on BMW.com, as well the dealer order system. Because there were only two suspensions available, standard and AD, it did appear that BMW NA was equating AD with sport suspension. I believe this is what the OP is referring to towards the beginning of this thread.

Perhaps in other parts of the world a 'Sport Activity Package' vehicle without either AD or 226 (sport suspension, non-Adaptive, not available at the time) would be 'sport suspension delete', hence the confusing name of the sub-option once offered here in the US. Regardless, AD is now a stand-alone option.

Sponsored Links