View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 01:30 PM

m34vert is on a distinguished road
I just took a more in depth look at the situation. I poured water with dye in it down the drains from the sunroof and they clear the catch effectively. Water ends up coming out a few places though which I think is the cause. Water seeped out between the door and the fender on the plastic step rail, also under the car behind the tire there's a spot with a hole that I suspect is the bottom drain out area but the water came out around that plastic tray. I'm thinking something there is pooling the water as the dye was diluted at that point.

I also pour water down the windshield with a different color dye that came out on the wheel well same color but also out that lower drain spot but faint with color. Looks like you have to take the entire inner wheel well out to further trouble shoot the area. Probably a clogged catch basin. That's what warranty's are for I guess. Meanwhile the blower's on hour number 5 and it's still very wet under the carpet! Smells musty too so I'm guessing this is not a new issue. Nothing like trading a 3k problem for a 30k problem.

Sponsored Links