View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 01:31 PM

J.Belknap is on a distinguished road
I've always wanted to feel a quake! Was driving the X5 back to my office when it happened, and missed it entirely. Thought people at the office were fucking with me, "Hey bro did you feel the quake?" I look at them like, "are you high?"

Guess wife and I will have to settle with the hurricane as a consolation prize. What really made things complicated was that from last week until a few minutes ago, I was scheduled to fly out from ORF tomorrow and head to the Republic of Georgia / Russia area for a little bit. So I had to deal with Hurricane prep for worried wife and travel/work. Just now got a cancellation notice from the airline. Monday maybe. At least now, if we suffer losses due to Irene, I can get the insurance ball rolling before I head out into the foreign wilderness.

Cars are tucked in the garage, wife and I are taking 4Runner over to my buddy's house, and strapping the X on the dyno in his shop. Maybe we could make a pull.... I mean, since it'll be strapped down and all. Maybe X5 and dyno will fly away together in the hurricane, and land on top of an X5M in a random BMW dealership miles away. Who's king now! :p

brb... strapping down trash cans and what not to the patio fence.

edit: holy crap JCL, glad y'all missed that collapse!

edit2: Hurricane prep item of the year, Brita water bottle! Just bring water to a boil, let cool, then pour in. This thing would have been awesome to have in Boy Scouts. It should come in handy this weekend and also while over in Mother Russia.

Last edited by J.Belknap; 08-26-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Sponsored Links