View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 08:30 PM

Brian425 is on a distinguished road
Angry Disappointed with BMW's customer service

I'm a long term Land Rover/Range Rover owner. It was a tough choice to choose the X5 50i over the Range Rover or Range Rover Sport.
I called BMWNA today on two issues:

1. I purchased BMW Apps and have the smart phone integration in order to get full functionality, I needed to buy the snap in adapted for the iPhone.

a. I think it is crazy that you can order an option that requires another piece of hardware; but, it is not included. Charge $150 more for BMW Apps and just include the snap in adapter. You already have added the monstrous mounting point in the console, include the stuff I need.

b. If you did not order the snap in adapter at the time of purchase, BMW expects you to pay $250 for the piece, a $100 premium. There is no installation, it literally snaps into place.

2. On Friday, 8/26, I used the Idrive to request an appointment from service to get the state inspection. (I did PCD, so inspection was not available) As of 4:00PM 8/31, no one had contacted me. I stopped at the local dealer at 5:00PM and was told "head over to service, they will take care of you. Inspections are not a problem." Get to Service at 5:20PM and was told "You can come in tomorrow at 11:30 or Friday at 7:40AM. No loaner cars available. I really would not mind; but, I just drove 20 blocks out of my way in rush hour traffic. It would have been much easier for the showroom to call service to confirm they could take me.

I ended up calling my Range Rover sales person to see about selling my truck to a person in service. I told her about my troubles. She called service, I can drop off my truck at their service for the inspection and she has a Range Rover HSE or Jaguar for a loaner. She also offered to buy me the snap in adapter for a "new car gift". She said they have some discretionary money to spend on customers and would not mind "making my BMW whole."

BMWNA must have learned customer service from the East Germans. They should hire someone from Range Rover or American Express Platinum to teach them customer service. 6 days into ownership and I already know BMWNA customer service is useless. So much for the ownership experience.

Last edited by Brian425; 08-31-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: formatting

Sponsored Links