View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 05:08 PM

140.6 is on a distinguished road
Probably A Strange Comparison ... Nontheless Let's Talk

To start I am a big fan of performance wagons, yes I said wagons. So knowing that those of us in the US are performance wagon impaired I have a strange request, yes I searched but have not found these vechicles compared. If the M5 Touring, Audi RS6 Avant, or even the RS4 Avant were available in the US I would not be asking this but they aren't so here goes; my choices for my next car are the X5M and the Cadillac CTS-V Wagon.

I know this is BMW forum and I expect the BMW bias but on paper these seem to be in the same ballpark. From a performance perspective they have similar power, the Cadillac has a bit more torque, the skid pad numbers are similar, the 0-60 times are similar, the braking is similar (actually remarkable for the X5M), the cubic feet for transport is a bit better for the X5M, but they really seem to be very similar. There are a few very clear differences though, the Cadillac can be had with a manual transmission, it is after-all a car not a SAV, and it is about $21K less expensive.

So you know I have had an e39 M5, an e92 M3, and currently have an e70 X5 35d so I am a BMW fan but the Cadillac has peaked my interest. Any comments or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by 140.6; 09-01-2011 at 05:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsored Links