View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 10:17 PM

donho is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez View Post
DO NOT, I repeat do not be under any illusion that those tires can perform on icy snow conditions. The slush yesterday was far from the ice and snow that comes in winter. I drove the car a couple of times last winter, got caught off guard, on snow and it was horrid, you can not stop and will most definitely get into an accident. I hope others will not be encouraged to drive with the stock tires on winter condition, bad idea!!

I have never used a dedicate snow tire on any of my SUVs. and I have never been stuck. Last year during the blizzard, I drove down the highway in my QX56, at 50mph with no problems on the factory M&S.
My understanding is only a dedicated snow tire will help on ice.

I am not condoning NOT changing tires. But it is nice to know, it drove fine. Getting stuck is my worst fear of driving in the snow. as long as I have owned a AWD or 4wd, I have never been stuck and I am out in the worst conditions. and none had dedicated snows
Regardles, unless my buddy dropped the ball, I have the DWS coming. But right now, I kind of wish he did drop the ball and not order them. My RFT have a ton life left and like I said it was nothing in the snow. and I drove on a few unplowed roads, where snow was 5-6 inches deep. drove straight through it, not like a drift car either.LOL

I hope the results of snow driving will be drastically better with the DWS. I just cannot imagine it being better then what I experienced yesterday

Sponsored Links