View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 06:15 PM

CB35i is on a distinguished road
Hello all, I wanna update on my situation. So after my vacation I went to Discount Tire store directly from the airport. (I couldn't wait to get the situation straighten out) The manager who made an appointment with me had the day off, so the sales rep looked at the notes and refunded my alignment fees after I showed them the dealer invoice. He then took my car in and unloaded all 4 wheels and re balance them. After about 30 mins. He came back and said the reason I'm experiencing the shaking is because my two rear rims are bent and the front left tire is defective. I was doubtful about the bent rims as it's a fairly new car with only 7k miles on it but I played along with him and asked him to show me where it was bent. he then put one of the rear rims on the balancer and told me to look as he rotates the wheel. I didn't notice anything that looked bent to me. Then he said "I have an option for you, you are in luck as I have a set of after market x5 rims in house and ready to go." He then showed me some 22" really bad looking after market rims and said these are perfect for you, if you want I can cut you a combo deal right now for 2.8k. I was like take it easy bro, I wanted you to fix what I already purchased and not for you to upsale me after you gave me some refunds. I told him I would go to the dealer and verify the rims are bent and we can go from there and in the mean time, order the replacement left front tire. Then I left. They called me a couple of days later and told me to come in to have the replacement put on. In the mean time, I checked with the local dealer and they told me the rims are perfectly fine and not bent. At this point I just want to keep my replacement tire put on and forget about Discount Tire. The next day I went in to have the new tire put on. The same sales rep came up to help me and asked me about the after market rims. I told him there is nothing wrong with mine and I'm not interested in the upsale. So he went to his computer and said I need to pay $58 for the replacement tire they are going to put on. I questioned isn't it free since the tire was defective? He replied, the tire is free and there are some document fee and crap involved that I need to pay. I had to pick up my wife so I didn't argue and paid the money. I thought to myself, I'm done with this store, never again will I go to another Discount Tire as they aren't as honest as they claim to be. About 20 mins later I got a call from the store manager. He apologized for like 10 mins and told me he was sorry that I got charged and the money was already refunded back to my card. I told him I was skeptical about the charge but I didn't argue with the rep. He apologized again and again. I told him I appreciate his honesty in doing business and I thank him for making things right.

Sorry I typed a long story here but that manager definitely gained my trust for the store again. However, that particular employee should be disciplined for lying and cheating the customer.

I will spent the a few days testing out the new tire and ride quality and hopefully everything is good.

Thanks for reading!

Sponsored Links