View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 02:12 PM

Jobu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wildtt View Post
Finally got my rear fogs working last night... And FYI, there is NO coding needed.

On my 2008 4.8i, there was no wire installed from the connector (Pin 9) on the back of the light switch to the connector (pin 14) on the left side of Floor Well module behind the hood acess handle. It shows the wire on all of the wiring diagrams that I have seen, but it was not there.

Buy the correct switch, install the wire, and you too will have Rear Fogs on your E70.

Took me about 45 minutes to figure out what to do and to get it done.

I bought my switch here, be sure to order the correct one, for your vehicle options:
EuroActive.com - Buy Genuine BMW & Land Rover Parts and Accessories Online

Enjoy,
95wildtt
95wildtt, do you have pics? You have become the guru on this topic! I modified my E92 for euro fogs, but haven't done my E70 yet! I think they are an essential safety feature, particulary since tailgating is like a way of life here, even in low visibility.

And, forgive me if I'm being dense, but I didn't understand what cable I need. Is it a standard one I could pick up at my local auto parts store? You mentioned using the #1 connector from the diagram in the link, but that didn't make sense to me as did not look like a connector. Thx!

I may pick up the part in Europe (I hope I have the right P/N) to save a few bucks. $160+ is a little steep.

2003 E39 530i - Auto - Black Sapphire on Black
Gone: 2001 325Ci - 5MT- TopazBlue/Black Trackday Count: 10

Sponsored Links