View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 03:23 AM

Matt_UKTX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce89976 View Post
If I'm reading your alignment sheet right, the after is way out of spec for every measurement. The numbers above, and the arrow bars below, the actual measurements, are the spec range, and your final measurements are all out of spec. That's why the fat bars are all red and the black line on the narrow bars are all in the red also. You need to find a different alignment shop and go get a refund for this alignment.

Edit: the only I thing they got right is the thrust angle (the bottom, middle measurement).
I thought the same thing, however, the guy at the shop did tell me to ignore the red. He told me the actual measurements were correct and in spec for my car, but the spec ranges on the printout were actually for a 2010 X6. I guess they didn't have the specs in their system yet? Regardless, this did nothing for my confidence also.

The guy only charged me $65, as he admitted it was still pulling to the right even after they were done. I got the impression, in spite of numerous recommendations, that they were clueless.

So, seeing as we are all confused, what should I do now?
1) Go to the dealer and see what they say
2) Go to another alignment shop and get them to look at it

Assuming I go with either option, I'm going to get my $65 back. I paid with AMEX, so if he refuses (unlikely) I will just dispute the charge.

If I choose option 2, how do I find a reputable place? I was thinking of giving one of these places a try:
Southwest Alignment - Automobile Alignment
DriverSource : Fine Motorcars | Houston, TX

Thoughts?

Last edited by Matt_UKTX; 11-23-2011 at 03:31 AM.

Sponsored Links