View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 06:46 PM

1stE53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost-Flame View Post
Alright 142,294 miles. 50,000 miles on the trans fluid that was in there from last time. I used Mobil1 that is cherry red out of the bottle. The fist drain was black, black, black cherry, still felt very viscous/thick. You could barely see light through it when placed in a glass and held up to the sun, a few flakes of metal in the pan after dumping the oil in my recycle barrel.

I changed it 2 more time after running it through the speeds and reverse for about 1 cigar worth of time(my small cigars burn for 21 minutes). The pan holds 3.5 qts(10.5) then I go up top on the trans case and put in the last 1/2 qt (11 qts). The second drain was almost cherry red so the third fill replaces about 93% of the old fluid.

Used 11 full qts of Mobil 1. This time I did not remove the pan so no filter or gasket. every other time I replace the filter and gasket. so, at 192K it will get a new filter.

Today I am going to replace the valve cover gasket and the oil filter canister(?) gasket. First time for this vehicle shouldn't be a problem.
How did the filter housing gasket go?

Last week the X was idling rough, real rough. I heard a loud hissing sound from the back left side of engine bay. I thought one of the vacuum/air lines had come loose or torn. The next day the SES light came on. I used my handy dandy Torque App on my Android and bluetooth adapter and got the P0171 and 74 codes. Today I finally got time to check it out. Found out the DISA was broken to hell inside. Ordered it from NE dealer online for $173. Least expensive place I found it. Will replace on Tuesday when it arrives.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links