View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 03:32 PM

Muz is on a distinguished road
Well I cant say I'm impressed .. The cars only done 20000 miles .. I put in a new updated nav disk and the screen goes blank permantly.

The stealer tells me its the CCC first and want £975 to fix it..I suggested he phoned BMW to see if they would help out because of the mileage, and it had left me quite dissapointed at such a premature failure. (car is four years old) Meanwhile I had researched that it could be a failed screen. So I found a screen on Ebay for £80 and it suggested fitting was a 5 minute job ? Stealer phones me back and says BMW will pay 70% of the part ... result ! ... and all I would have to pay was the labour .. so the job was now £440 total, "Did I want them to go ahead ?" the girl asks .. yes I said.. ofcourse ..

Then I said .. leave the old unit on the seat for me incase I could do something with it .. no problem she says .... then she phones me back saying I would have to pay a £150 surcharge for them to do that ?????? She says they send em back to BMW incase they can re use any of the parts ? .. so I asked was it a new part they were fitting ? .. to which she replied yes and it would have a 2 year warranty on it

So I just said ok you keep it then and just do the work 3 days later I phoned to see if it was ready .. no ... Finally I picked it up today, and the final bill was £288.00 ?

Well all my settings in the nav and elsewhere were untouched and the Job card says all they replaced was the screen .. So I'm glad its fixed and everything is back to normal, and it didnt cost me as much .. but I still feel a bit stung that they didnt tell me what it was before fixing it, and obviously CCC failures are fairly common .. so who knows what is going to happen next ? .. for all I know they just dis connected it, did some hard reset, and it all works again .. How do I find out my sofware version ? or does it go by the nav disk, to see if I'm up to date ?

Last edited by Muz; 12-13-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Sponsored Links