View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 12:10 PM

FSETH is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL View Post
I've driven a new X1 a few times, it is owned by a family member. It is Vermillion Red, which looks good on it (no longer showing up in the configurator, though, so it may not be a common colour going forward).

This one replaced a Honda CRV, which had replaced a 325 touring. The Honda was strongly disliked, this one is a return to a familiar BMW feel; steering feel, handling, and switchgear are all rated highly. Power is considered more than necessary by the primary driver. All seasons were just replaced by dedicated winter tires on replica wheels, necessary in the snow belt here.

First recall was for transmission communication, minor item. Pretty good power from the 28i four cylinder, but it will be better as it breaks in. Also expecting fuel mileage to improve with break-in, as this one was showing figures pretty close to our X3 on the OBC.
Thank for the review! It seems like it is taking forever for BMW to get these here. I would love to see one in person. I can't remember what the est. price is going to be on these, but I would guess it is over the $35k I was wanting to spend on a couple year old Q5 or A4 Avant.

Sponsored Links