View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 03:19 PM

weekend camper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaNonGrata View Post

they sell "Spyder" a.k.a. "Sonar" brand. I have seen people use either name. They are one in the same. I have read that Spyder is the US importer of Sonar lights.

What I think is that just about any of the eBay sellers selling LED tail lights advertising "Philips Lumileds" or "Sonar" or "Spyder" or versions that look like mine are selling the same thing so go with whatever seller you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaNonGrata View Post
The signal light is also LED and is a yellowish orange and is also quite bright. The reverse lights uses your original incandescent bulb or you can swap that out for the appropriate LED bulb. These are wired for Euro rear fog lights but you have to do other wiring to get it to work.

Awesome, thank you for the info. I have been looking too, and was confused over some of these points. I'm pleased that there is a Euro rear fog light provision.

Leaning towards the crystal version for our gray green beauty up here.

Questions:

1 - How many LEDs in the signal? Is there a diffuser for their light or do the individual LEDs show? The ebay photos never show that.

2 - There have been posts of the pin count/position being different in MY X5's. Which pin position were used on their plug? Does it look easy to move them if needed?

Sponsored Links