View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 11:27 PM

drod is on a distinguished road
there are plenty of threads here on the factory base sound system...
I personally did extensive research on upgrading my standard system because I heard the premium sound system was nothing to brag about and really not worth the extra cost...

I even looked at the BSW (which was popular and promised a plug and play unit for my year but they never produced it in time...)

I researched extensively on other units that would fit in the exact same layout without modifications and came across a couple of options.

I eventually replaced all factory speakers and tweeters and the stock amp... and I managed to get it to work exactly the same as the stock unit with regards to the integration to the head unit display and controls...

tons of research.. can't remember the exact make/model I installed but i was pretty satisfied with the new setup... from a outsider's perspective you can't tell because it's all sitting in the same spots as the original factory unit... nothing appears to be changed..

It was a great experience but it could have used a bit more bass..

others have gone through greater lengths and performed complete overhaul of the factory units.. not sure on results though..

it really all depends on what you want to accomplish... (subtle changes or ghettofabulous)

i not longer have the vehicle because it has been traded in for my new ride (which i am waiting "patiently" for..) so i can't tell you what i installed...

check older threads for ideas... again, many have done this and have documented them in detail..

Sponsored Links